Although I’m not a vegan anymore and haven’t been for years, I still love vegan and vegetarian foods hence the giant stack of Vegetarian Times magazines near my desk. I’m still a subscriber, and I still love my animal friendly foods.
This was my favorite dessert to make because it combines my two favorite things (other than pasta and wine) which is chocolate and peanut butter! YUUUUUM! It tastes like a giant peanut butter cup! Even if your not a vegan, anyone that is lactose intolerant (which would be most of us) might appreciate this recipe. Don’t be deterred by one of the ingredients (tofu) unless you happen to be allergic to soy. You absolutely can NOT taste it.
This pie is ahhhhh-mazing, and it’s also a cinch to make. Try serving it your family without telling them what it is. I PROMISE they will never guess it’s vegan. 🙂
Dairy-Free, No-back Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 1/2 bars semi sweet dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 package of silken tofu
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour all ingredients into a blender one at a time and blend until creamy. If you find you need to thin it out a bit, add a splash of soy milk (but not too much).
- Either pour mix into a nonstick pie pan or pour into a diary-free graham cracker crust (easily found at Whole Foods).
- Place in the refrigerator to harden for 2-3 hours and top with soy whipped cream.