One of the little gems I brought back from our last trip to Texas (other than getting to spend time with the fam) was this recipe. My super fabulous mother-in-law, Roxanne Keefer, is not only one of the most intelligent people I’ve ever met, but she also served us a dish that made my head spin!
This recipe is an adaptation from a published recipe in Southern Living magazine. If you’re a shrimp lover like I am and you’re looking for a light yet hearty dish to make, give this a try. It won’t disappoint. I served it last night. Our friend, Deb, asked for the recipe after only two bites. It’s really THAT good. 😉
Roasted Tomato and Feta Shrimp
- 2 pt. grape tomatoes
- 3 tbs. of minced garlic
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined, medium-size raw shrimp (3 1/40 count)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4-oz. package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 package of yellow saffron rice (Vigo brand, family pack works well)
- Preheat oven to 450Â°. Place tomatoes (chopped in halves) and next 4 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, tossing gently to coat. Bake 15 minutes. Stir in shrimp and onion. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Toss with parsley, feta cheese, and lemon juice. Serve immediately with yellow saffron rice.