A delicious red wine sorbet that incorporates raspberries for some extra flavour depth. Lovely served on it's own or in a cone.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 6 servings.
3/4 cups water
1 cup sugar
3 cups red wine
2 cups raspberries
11. Add water, sugar and wine to a saucepan and bring to a boil then continue heating until sugar is dissolved (about 1-2 minutes).
22. Remove from heat and add raspberries.
33. Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight to allow flavours to infuse.
44. Place a strainer over a bowl and pour berry liquid through. You'll need to lightly push the berries through the strainer.
55. Add to ice cream machine and churn as per manufacturers instructions.
66. Add to airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- If you don't have an ice cream machine simply add to the freezer. As it hardens, remove from the freezer, whisk until smooth, then continue freezing.
- Original recipe here: https://www.creamish.com.au/red-wine-sorbet/