So my fabulous friend Wendy Saade from 10 Space Design sent me a recipe for this amazing dish. It was originally inspired by her Lebanese mother-in-law that makes a fried version of this (doesn’t the sound of that make you want to drool?)
In a effort to find a healthier version, she came across a similar recipe from the one and only Emeril Lagasse. Unfortunately I didn’t have all of the exact same ingredients as what he uses. I had enough to make my own version of it though, and it was AHHHHHHHMAZING! I’m not even a cauliflower person, but I’ve been looking for a creative way to incorporate it into my meals, and I think I just found it.
If you would like to see the original recipe, check ‘er out here.
My recipe is listed below.
Thank you Wendy for this awesome dish!
- 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter (from 1 medium cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil <— I actually used herb infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Shaved Tuscan style cheese (Parmesan & Fontina) – season to taste
- 2 Green onions chopped- season to taste
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Place the cauliflower florets in a large saute pan or a roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, green onions and salt and pepper. Place the saute/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with your cheeses.