Lillet Blanc Strawberries with Ricotta Chantilly Whipped Cream

February 10, 2013

Lillet-Strawberries

If you’re looking for a simple yet elegant dessert for Valentine’s Day, look no more. This is by far my most favorite dessert I’ve made to date. It takes strawberries and whipped cream to a whole new level, and it’s SO easy to make.

This recipe utilizes the french aperitif wine, Lillet Blanc. If you’re not familiar with Lillet Blanc, let me introduce you! It’s the most beautiful white wine I’ve ever had. Lillet Blanc is a blend of 85% white wines from the Bordeaux region of France and the other 15% is an orange citrus liquor. This combination makes your senses soar with the aroma of fruit and florals. I actually dedicated an entire blog post to it. You can read more about it here. I’m 100% sure if you’re a white wine lover you’re going to be in heaven once you try Lillet. Pour it over some ice and drop a slice of orange in it- ahhhhhhhh. It doesn’t get much better. I promise.

OK. Now that we’ve gotten the Lillet introductions out of the way – we’re here to eat, right? So let’s get to it!

This recipe is essentially making a sweet syrup made from Lillet Blanc and pouring it over fresh strawberries. Then taking a spoon full of homemade Chantilly cream with Ricotta cheese and topping it off. Délicieux!

Recipe: (Serves 2)

For the Lillet Syrup:
• 1/2 bottle of Lillet Blanc
• 1 cup of granulated white sugar

Boil your Lillet and sugar over the stove. Bring to a boil and let simmer until it begins to thicken and reduce to syrup (may take up to 10 minutes). Once you have the consistency you like, remove from the stove and allow to cool.

Ricotta Chantilly Whipped Cream:
• 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
• 1/2 cup of powered sugar
• 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup of Ricotta Cheese

Whip with a hand mixer until peaks begin to form and consistency thickens to a beautiful whipped cream. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes.

Putting it all together:
Take your freshly sliced strawberries and place into individual serving bowls or wide bodied wine glasses. Pour your cooled syrup onto the strawberries and top off with a healthy dose of your whipped cream.

Bon Appetit!

 

Tasty Vino
Welcome to TastyVino.com! I'm your hostess for all things wine and everything that pairs with it! Share your appetite with me here as I drink tons of wine, eat food, post photos and vacation around the world! Cheers!

You May Also Like

4 Comments

  • Manda
    February 10, 2013 7:52 pm

    Does boiling the wine and sugar kill the alcohol? if not then I cant have it but I really want some of it.

    • Genesis Moss
      February 11, 2013 11:25 am

      Heating wine kills the alcohol but I don’t know by how much. I would assume a slight amount stays in, but I’m not 100% sure.

  • Danielle
    September 30, 2016 4:25 pm

    Can I make the syrup a day in advance? If so how do I store it?

    • Tasty Vino
      October 23, 2016 9:35 pm

      That’s a very good question, and I honestly don’t know the answer! I’ve never made that far in advance before. I’m so sorry!

Leave a Reply